Golden Globe nominee Thandie Newton had a glamorous 70’s moment at last Sundays’s Golden Globes.
Her beauty look was the work of artist Georgie Eisdell, who used Chantecaille to create Thandie’s sultry smokey eye. Perfect the look yourself with the step-by-step breakdown below.
“My inspiration for Thandie's look came from her custom Michael Kors dress It had an epic 70’s vibe so we went for a soulful look to match.”
1. Georgie started out by spritzing Thandie’s skin with refreshing, uplifting, and toning Pure Rosewater.
2. Next, she massaged glow-enhancing Rose de Mai Face Oil into Thandie’s skin.
3. Thandie wore Nano Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Masks under her eyes to soften any fine lines, calm puffiness, and lighten any darkness.
4. As a final skincare step, Georgie applied soothing and hydrating oil-free Water Flower Fluid moisturizer for the perfect base.
1. To highlight but not hide Thandie’s stunning skin, Georgie used a small amount of Future Skin Foundation in Banana, a medium dark with golden undertones. She focused on the edges of Thandie’s face, then went inwards with Future Skin Foundation in tan shade Sand on her high points and t-zone.
2. Georgie brushed on a bit of Compact Soleil in St Barths, a true sun-kissed bronze, for a light contour. She focused on Thandie’s cheek bones, forehead and jawline to create more depth and to shape the face.
3. For a pop of color on the cheek, Georgie used Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Joy, a playful pink, that benefits American Wild Horse Campaign, on the apples of the cheek.
4. To highlight with a megawatt glow, Georgie dabbed on radiant gold Liquid Lumière in Brilliance.
5.The finishing touch for Thandie’s flawless skin was a dusting of new-for-spring HD Perfecting Loose Powder in Candlelight, a perfecting powder that instantly warms and lights up the skin. This high-definition powder sets the base and gives skin a glow without unwanted shine.
“The eyes were the focus, so we created a glamorous and chic lived-in smokey eye."
1. Georgie started the smokey eye with velvety Mermaid Eye Color in Hematite, a lavender-brown. She blended the crease-proof cream-shadow up into Thandie’s crease as a base eyeshadow.
2. Next, she mixed Lasting Eye Shade in Smokey Topaz, a mocha brown, with Lasting Eye Shade in Celestite, a soft black to create depth and drama on the eye. Georgie then brought the colors under the eyes, softly smoking the edges.
3. Georgie lined Thandie’s waterline with Luster Glide Silk Infused Eyeliner in Raven, a true black, then set it with Lasting Eye Shade in brown Smokey Topaz to ensure it wouldn’t budge.
4. For Thandie’s lashes, Georgie brushed on Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara. She pushed down then wiggled the mascara wand into the lash line to create a fluffy lash and coat the lashes thoroughly.
5. Georgie shaped Thandie's brows with Waterproof Brow Definer in Oak Brown, extending the brow slightly to elongate the eye. To hold the shape, she set the brows with Full Perfecting Brow Gel.
1. Georgie prepped Thandie’s lips with rich and nourishing Lip Potion to hydrate the lips.
2. For the perfect beige-nude lip, Thandie wore Lip Stick in Mirage.