Makeup artist Kay Montano created an alluring, radiant look for Rachel Weisz at the BAFTA awards in London.
The star of the look was a deep merlot lip created using Lip Veil in Elderberry. Here’s how Montano got Weisz red carpet-ready.
“I wanted to create an impactful look but without any heaviness."
1. To combat jet lag following her flight from Los Angeles, Rachel wore Gold Eye Recovery Masks, to smooth, de-puff and tighten the under-eye area.
2. Kay prepped Rachel’s skin with Retinol Intense + and Magnolia Jasmine and Lily Healing
Emulsion; a calming and hydrating moisturizer.
1. Kay used tinted moisturizer Just Skin in fair shade Alabaster all over for a dewy, soft finish.
2. To neutralise redness around the nose and cheek, Kay followed with oil-free gel foundation
Future Skin in medium-light Vanilla, where heavier coverage was needed.
3. On the high points of Rachel’s cheekbone, Kay blended Liquid Lumière in pearly-pink Sheen, then flushed the apples of the cheek with Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Emotion, a
beautiful golden coral blush.
4. To finish, she dusted HD Perfecting Loose Powder in new warm shade Candlelight all over
the face for a soft, perfect finish that set makeup without hiding the dewiness of Rachel’s skin.
"A dewy eye goes so well with a dense stain on the lip."
1. Kay then applied the same highlighter used on Rachel’s cheeks, Liquid Lumière in Sheen on Rachel’s eyes. Next, she applied Mermaid Eye Color in warm, silver-gray shade Triton onto the inner corners of Rachel’s eyes. This perfectly balanced and complimented her dark lip.
2.Kay lined along the top eyelid with liquid eyeliner Le Stylo Ultra Slim in Black, then brushed volumizing Faux Cils Mascara onto Rachel’s lashes.
To set Rachel’s brows for perfectly framed eyes, Kay used Full Brow Perfecting Gel in Dark.
1. Kay lined and filled-in Rachel’s lip with Lip Definer in Tone, a blend of pink and brown.
2. Next, she went over the lined lips with baobab oil-enriched Lip Veil in Elderberry, a buildable, velvety merlot.