Makeup master Angela Levin created a timeless, elegant look for Michelle Williams's big win at last night’s Emmys. Levin used Chantecaille’s fall collection as the palette for the subtle-yet-glamorous beauty moment.
“The word that comes to mind is timeless - this look could exist in any era or time and still be considered a beautiful, elegant look.”
1. Angela began by spritzing calming Pure Rosewater onto a beauty sponge and gently swiping it across Michelle’s face, neck, and chest.
2. Next, she applied Bio Lifting Oil Free Fluid+.
3. Angela had Michelle wear Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Mask during most of the makeup process to hydrate the under-eye area and protect the skin from makeup fallout.
“Every girl, no matter her age or regimen, needs a little lift on a night like this.”
1. To prep Michelle’s skin for her strapless gown, Angela applied Chantecaille Future Skin in fair shade Porcelain onto the face and neck, then blended down to the chest with the Foundation & Mask Brush.
2. Limited-edition Aqua Blush in fresh pink shade Gladiola was blended onto Michelle’s cheekbones and then amplified with Philanthropy Cheek Shade in golden coral Emotion. Levin brushed the powder right below the point of Aqua Blush application and blended upwards.
“The eye look was achieved with three magnificent Luminescent Eye Shades.”
1. As a primer, Angela tapped Mermaid Eye Matte in Olivia all over the lids and blended into the creases.
2. Using the Shade and Sweep Eye Brush, Angela brushed Luminescent Eye Shade in Cheetah, a shimmering champagne, onto the lid for brightness and lift. Next, dusky lilac Pangolin was applied across the lower half of the lids and blended upward and outward from the crease. Using the Eye Definer Brush, she applied Pangolin to the lower lashes to add depth.
3. To finish the lid look, Angela brushed on glistening olive Luminescent Eye Shade in Rhinoceros along the upper lash line and continued it along the outer half of the lower lash line for more intensity.
4. To add more drama, she lined Michelle’s lashes with Luster Glide Silk Infused Eye Liner in Jasper, a gilded green pencil.
5. Angela curled Michelle’s lashes and coated them 4 times with volume-enhancing Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara.
6. To frame the face, Angela brushed Michelle’s brows upwards and lightly filled in with Waterproof Brow Definer in Light Taupe where necessary.
1. Michelle wore the perfect new pinky-beige nude lip: hydrating Lip Veil in Tamboti.
1. At the end of eye glam, Angela removed Michelle’s Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Masks and dabbed a bit of Bio Lifting Oil Free Fluid+ under the eyes.
2. Next, she brushed a light coat of Future Skin in Porcelain under the eyes, then layered Le Camouflage Stylo in light beige shade 3 on top, using the brush applicator to blend seamlessly.
3. A final coat of Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara completed the look.