Prettiest In Pink
At last night’s Met Gala, celebrity makeup artist Nikki DeRoest created a romantic, monochromatic pink beauty look on Emma Roberts using Chantecaille.
“The pumped-up color on the eye was more than what we would do on a regular red carpet but still romantic, ethereal, glowing, and monochromatic.”
1. Nikki began by prepping Emma’s skin for makeup by moisturizing with nourishing, glow-enhancing Rose de Mai Face Oil.
“Before foundation, I massaged Rose de Mai Face Oil into the skin. I love prepping with an oil before foundation for the ultimate lit-from-within look.”
1. Nikki used Future Skin in Porcelain, a fair shade with balanced undertones. She applied this foundation by starting at the center of the face and blending outwards.
2. To brighten the skin and touch up any redness, Nikki then applied botanical-based click-pen concealer Le Camouflage Stylo in #1, a fair neutral shade.
3. To warm her complexion, Nikki sculpted with gel-powder Real Bronze in cocoa bronze shade Goa.
4. Emma’s rosy glow was created by using two Liquid Lumière shades to highlight Emma’s skin. Nikki applied pearly pink Sheen around the cheekbones and forehead, and applied Luster, a sunset pink, on Emma’s cheeks.
5. Lumière Rose, a shimmery pink highlighter in a limited edition de Gournay design, was added for an extra pop on the cheekbones, down the nose, a touch on the forehead and a little on the chin.
6. Nikki then brushed Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Joy, a playful pink, on the cheeks for some added bright pink warmth.
7. For a finishing touch that ensured the makeup was set, HD camera-ready, and had a filter-like glow, Nikki brushed on HD Perfecting Loose Powder in Candlelight.
"I wanted a soft, ethereal smokey eye, so I took the color all the way up to the brow but kept the ombré effect. I also smudged Joy underneath the eyes."
1. Nikki used new Lip Veil in warm rose shade Pink Lotus on the eyes to set the tone and give extra depth. Next, she layered Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Joy, the same shade she used on Emma’s cheeks, on the eyelid and under the eyes.
2. Nikki layered on peptide-enhanced Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara for a thick, defined lash line.
3. She then touched up Emma’s brows with Waterproof Brow Definer in Ash Blonde. To give Emma’s brows texture Nikki set them with Full Brow Perfecting Gel + Tint in Dark.
1. Nikki filled in Emma’s lips with Lip Definer in Natural, a natural pink beige.
2. She then used Lip Veil in Pink Lotus, the same shade she started Emma’s eyes with, to continue the monochromatic moment.